Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Spain: where's best place to live?

Options
  • 15-07-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We're a couple in our 50s, I've been recently made redundant. We are thinking of moving to Spain for maybe a year ... can anyone suggest the best area to go to? And what are prospects of getting some work?
    Or if not Spain, where else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It all depends on what you want/need...

Do you fancy somewhere remote & rural or do you want to live in a city/close to an airport, inland or close to the sea, etc.

What type of weather? South & east would probably be fairly hot compared to north/north west.

What facilities would you like to have at your location?

When you figure some of these thing out & can provide more info we'll have a better chance of giving you decent advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 whatsnextdoc

Would prefer somewhere near the coast, definitely not remote or too quiet an area ... and temperature is not a concern (at the moment at least!).
    I suppose we'd like somewhere close enough to urban living and the facilities that come with that (with maybe a few bars not too far away!) ... probably not in the middle of a big city, but we are open to anything.
    Thanks for any advice you can give

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lip gloss

I cant offer any advice on this topic, but I hope you dont mind if I join the conversation.
    I am a 46 year old female thinking of heading to Spain but unlike yourself I am planning to go for 3 months.
    I just would like some time out for myself, not looking for work or any thing. Would like to know where in North/east Spain approx 50 miles north or south of Barcelona to rent and live for a short while. Any useful property web addressed. (not holiday rentals, as they may be expensive)
    Would like to contact Irish living in Spain, just to have an English speaking contact there. Any info on how to contact Irish ex pats living in north/east Spain.
    I dont have any Spanish would this make things very difficult in this region of Spain?
    Going in Sept, so need to start planning now!
    Any advice welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'd imagine the work situation is far worse than Ireland?

Advertisement