Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Gaming PC

Options
  • 15-07-2014 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Before I give the list I just want to get something clear, I am a teenager who wants a gaming pc. I want to build one but I fear I would just break everything. So I went onto boards looking for someone who could help choose the parts and find where to buy them.

1. What is your budget? [€800]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] (Minecraft with alot of intesive mods, and a whole bunch of next-gen games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Mouse, Keyboard, Headset] (These dont have to be included in the budget, dont mind if you dont bother including)

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Credit/Debit Card, PayPal]

9. When are you purchasing? [Less than 2 months]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin]
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

In the PC world two months can be a long time. New parts can be released, prices can drop among many other deciding factors regarding parts. You're best off saving and coming back when you're ready to order, then we can get you parts that are in stock at that time too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gorzoid

quainy wrote: »
    In the PC world two months can be a long time. New parts can be released, prices can drop among many other deciding factors regarding parts. You're best off saving and coming back when you're ready to order, then we can get you parts that are in stock at that time too :-)

Thanks, I put that time there just because I was not sure what would be a good time to get it. I'll change update the time when I am sure.

Advertisement