Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 Auris, heat/dust shield on rear wheel rusting

Options
  • 15-07-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

hi,

any idea if this is an easy fix for a garage?
    possible charge?

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

It's an easy fix. However, I'm not sure if that plate is just a dust / stone shield or if it carries the handbrake as well. I know it definitely does carry the handbrake mechanism on the same era avensis.

If it's the latter, I know I was quoted something like €280+VAT for the OEM part from a Toyota dealer. Ended up getting a full hub with this plate and disc for €50 from a breakers.

It seems to be a weak spot on them probably caused by the salting of roads to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Your brake disc itself is showing signs of scoring where a pad went steel to steel at some stage. That would be of greater concern to me

Advertisement