Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad air wifi & cellular problem with Tesco mobile

Options
  • 15-07-2014 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I got a new iPad air WiFi and Cellular today from Apple. It's on 7.1.2 I've set it up on WiFi. I've restored all I need from iCloud. I've reset all Settings

I then inserted my tescomobile mobile broadband sim. I had to put in my iCloud username and password. However it's saying sim not valid. That the authorisation server won't work with this sim. I had a 3 sim to try and it fired up just as you'd expect.

Anyone know what the story is?

Tescomobile sim is active and works in the iPad 2 I am replacing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Might be an issue you need to talk to Tesco mobile about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Have you enabled Data Roaming on the iPad? Tesco use o2 so on many devices you have to enable data roaming to get the internet to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

Bought direct from Apple. TM know nothing about it.

Without the sim, cellular settings options not available. With sim, the device is locked up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'd definitely call Apple about this one. I did a quick google and it seems like the iPad is locked to another network, even though iPads are supposed to be unlocked...

Advertisement