Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is an orange not an orange?

Options
  • 15-07-2014 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

I haven't a clue about fruit but saw one and was wondering what it might be?

It was the size of an orange, had orange coloured skin similar to an orange. When sliced open it had the same white part attached to the skin as an orange but had, what I can only describe as "frog-spon" pips. They were grey and some looked translucent. They were gooey in texture.

Can anyone help? Sorry for vague description.

Comments

HonalD wrote: »
    I haven't a clue about fruit but saw one and was wondering what it might be?

It was the size of an orange, had orange coloured skin similar to an orange. When sliced open it had the same white part attached to the skin as an orange but had, what I can only describe as "frog-spon" pips. They were grey and some looked translucent. They were gooey in texture.

Can anyone help? Sorry for vague description.

sounds like a pommegranate, maybe google a pic of Pomegranate and compare, fruit may be grey if its not ripe perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

If it has 5 segments don't eat it

strychnine in the fruit - about 2% , you'll need more than gaviscon

6OYCRpv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

Where did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,163 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think it was probably a passion fruit. We mostly see purplish coloured ones but there are orange ones too.
    http://www.gourmetfury.com/2009/06/passionfruit-ice-cream/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

looksee wrote: »
    I think it was probably a passion fruit. We mostly see purplish coloured ones but there are orange ones too.
    http://www.gourmetfury.com/2009/06/passionfruit-ice-cream/

Thank you Looksee - that's the one! Thank you for taking the time to post. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement