Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False Alarm Dogs

Options
  • 15-07-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

There are two little yap yap dogs in the house (toy terrier breed type). Look like big rats.

Anyways, they reside in a small room with two windows fitted each with wireless contact/inertia senors (Aritech/GE security).

Sometimes when you get home they start barking (yap yap) which can trigger the window sensors. I have lowered pulse and gross settings to minimum but unusally it can still happen at times.

Any comments on how to avoid this or should it be happening?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    There are two little yap yap dogs in the house (toy terrier breed type). Look like big rats.

Anyways, they reside in a small room with two windows fitted each with wireless contact/inertia senors (Aritech/GE security).

Sometimes when you get home they start barking (yap yap) which can trigger the window sensors. I have lowered pulse and gross settings to minimum but unusally it can still happen at times.

Any comments on how to avoid this or should it be happening?

Thanks

If it is still triggering on the lowest settings there is not much you can do only put a contact on the opening of the window and have a pet motion installed in the room itself.

I would try turning off the pulse setting completely and rely on the shock on the sensor first and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

altor wrote: »
    If it is still triggering on the lowest settings there is not much you can do only put a contact on the opening of the window and have a pet motion installed in the room itself.

I would try turning off the pulse setting completely and rely on the shock on the sensor first and see how you get on.

Thanks Altor, will try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Thanks Altor, will try that.

If it does work I would still have a pet PIR installed as a back up.
    No pulse detection on a sensor can make them vulnerable as its used to pick up lesser attacks on a window and frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Remember that the higher the setting number the lower the sensitivity. To Turn off the Pulse setting set it to zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hazel belton

I have a phone watch alarm and cannot bypass the code can anyone help please

• Advertisement
Advertisement