Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Passat Identification

Options
  • 15-07-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Can anyone tell me whether this is the new B7 or old B6 passat?

30syq2p.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

2011 onwards passat

• Registered Users Posts: 51,206 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That is officially known as the B7 but the reality is that the B7 is just a heavily revised B6.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,951 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

its a B7. Why do you ask? If its a question about known issues etc you are as well off getting the engine series code too.

The B7 is only a B6andahalf anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I was asking as I knew that the B7 was introduced in 2011 and wanted to make sure that this car was the newer facelift.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Larbre34 wrote: »
    its a B7. Why do you ask? If its a question about known issues etc you are as well off getting the engine series code too.

The B7 is only a B6andahalf anyway.

I have the VIN, is that the engine series code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I have the VIN, is that the engine series code?

No the chassis number anyway those engines are trouble free..

Advertisement