Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice On Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Don't bother with the Black hard drive. They don't offer a mad amount of performance over Blue drives, just extra noise.

That's also a lot of money to spend on a case. Have a look at something like an Arc Midi R2 from Fractal Design.

I'd avoid WiFi too if you can. Get either homeplugs, or preferably, just plug right in to your router via Ethernet.

Also, the cooler's quite a bit of money, and probably won't be as good as you're thinking. At that price you're better off going with a good air cooler like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Ok great thanks will look out for the blue drive.

I have this case at the moment and like working with it but definitely open to suggestions. Is that one a full tower? Will i need a full tower if i want to put in 2 x GPUs at some stage? Also how is the cable management system on that.

I plan on using direct attach but wanted to get a Wifi adaptor just to have for whatever reasons :)

Iv always heard good things about that Cooler and the Corsair Liquid coolers for overclocking. Is the Air cooler just as good? I have the Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.A at the moment on the i7-2600k and can get 4.2GHz Pretty handy on that but was open to trying these new coolers.

Can you do me a favour and throw up your full spec? 'Cause you could probably bring a few other bits with you quite easily (CPU, and SSD if you have one, spring to mind). Could save you having to spend more money over there.

Sure thing. I want to try bring as little as possible and if i can get a good price for the system as it is now without the GPU that will translate well into $ CAD.

http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/high-end-gaming-pc-monitor-peripherals/5783559
    CASE - Cooler Master HAF X - High Air Flow Full Tower, Windowed Side Panel and USB 3.0 Ports
    MOBO - Asus Sabertooth P67 Revision B3
    CPU - Intel Core i7 2600k
    RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengance 1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    GPU - Gigabyte Windforce Nvidia GTX 770 OC 4GB DDR5 WF3 PCI-E Graphics Card
    HD - Samsung 840 256GB SSD & 2 x 1TB Western Digital Caviar 6gb/s
    PSU - Antec High Current Gamer HCG-900W
    OPTICAL - LITEON DVD/RW BlueRay Player
    FANS - Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.A 140mm CPU Cooler 1 Extra Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 LED Fan - Red and Artic Silver 5 on the CPU & Cooler
    OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit (Legit)

Monitor - QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" 2560x1440 PLS PC Monitor (This Monitor Can Easily Overclock to 110hz-120hz)

Peripherals - Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700, Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard and Logitech G13

Few people wanting different parts but taking the tower on its own if i was to take out the GPU i dont think it would be unfair to be looking for €650~€700 or would that be over priced in your opinion? If i took that money with me thats say roughly $1000 CAD I wouldnt be adding a whole lot more for all brand new parts. Welcome your take and opinion though :) This has just been my thought process.

Also been doing some reading on that Noctuna DH-14 certainly seems like a great air cooler when put up against the Corsair ones. Good shout thanks gonna look into it more as I do like the cleaner look of the Corsair ones. The CPU Cooler i have now takes up loads of room.

• Advertisement

If you're going to be bringing your GPU anyway, bring your CPU, RAM, and SSD. They're next to nothing in terms of weight and volume, certainly in comparison to your GPU, and will save you the same again in new stuff you have to buy. There really isn't that much different between a 4770K and a 2600K anyway. Just get a Z68 board when you get there.

Oh, and email yourself your Win7 key too. :P

Thanks Serephucus,

I really wanted to try not bring much with me at all. I think it would be the best time to get myself some new parts and they will also have the warranty in the new system. Appreciate what you are saying and definately good ideas. Might look to do that if the sale of my system doesnt go through.

Thanks

Mark

Advertisement