Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying z2 from meteor

Options
  • 15-07-2014 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

HI guys quick question i want to buy a sony z2 i would be looking to buy it from meteor .

the thing is i would need it unlocked and I'm not with meteor but my daughter is and she's with them a long time.

sooooo i was thinking if i bought the phone and she put her Sim in and asked meteor to unlock it would they ?

its €509 with meteor .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

It most likely would be locked to meteor. Would paying a bit extra and getting it sim free be an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Richie6904 wrote: »
    It most likely would be locked to meteor. Would paying a bit extra and getting it sim free be an option?

yes it would be locked to meteor but i was thinking because my daughter is

with them so long shes entitled to an unlock code once you've spent over €100 with them ?

also if i did pay to get it unlocked would that void my warranty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

She has to top up by €130 AFTER buying the phone, so you're probably talking 6 months.

Buy it from Amazon Germany for €505 and its SIM free. Use whatever network you want. Full warranty.

ED E wrote: »
    She has to top up by €130 AFTER buying the phone, so you're probably talking 6 months.

Buy it from Amazon Germany for €505 and its SIM free. Use whatever network you want. Full warranty.
    I'd say at this stage she's spent in the thousands with them lol. oh that looks even better will I be hit for duty ?

Also is that postage inc ?

Within the EU. No tax no duty.

PandP might be a tenner, even it was twenty it'd still be worth it.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Within the EU. No tax no duty.

PandP might be a tenner, even it was twenty it'd still be worth it.

Yes that's true . Have you bought one from there you're self ? If you don't mind me asking :)?

Yes that's true . Have you bought one from there you're self ? If you don't mind me asking :)?

Got the sister an lower tier Sony from em before. Its amazon, nothing but excellent service.

Advertisement