Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport from Craughwell/Loughrea in the early hours

Options
  • 15-07-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to get a taxi/cab from Craughwell or Loughrea in the early hours of the morning? I’m thinking of arriving into either town around 1.30am of a Saturday and am wondering how to then get home from there.

Alternatively, how much is a taxi/cab from Galway city to Craughwell in the early hours?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Grogsy wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it possible to get a taxi/cab from Craughwell or Loughrea in the early hours of the morning? I’m thinking of arriving into either town around 1.30am of a Saturday and am wondering how to then get home from there.

Alternatively, how much is a taxi/cab from Galway city to Craughwell in the early hours?

Thanks!

Cab from Galway to Craughwell would be around €25/30 I would think. I live in Loughrea, we always walk home after a night out but there would be a few taxis around. Wouldn't know company names though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi,

Thanks!

Citylink have an 01:00hrs Bus, that gets to Craughwell in 20 minutes, only €5.85 if booked online.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Grogsy

Yes, I was planning to get that Citylink bus, but it's no good to me if I'm then stuck in Craughwell/Loughrea.

The cheapest taxi that I've gotten a quote from, from Galway to 3 miles past Craughwell for that time of the morning, is €40. A 2nd quote was for €45-50.......

Yes, I was planning to get that Citylink bus, but it's no good to me if I'm then stuck in Craughwell/Loughrea. How much is that bus if not booked online?

The cheapest taxi that I've gotten a quote from, from Galway to 3 miles past Craughwell for that time of the morning, is €40. A 2nd quote was for €45-50.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Yes, I was planning to get that Citylink bus, but it's no good to me if I'm then stuck in Craughwell/Loughrea. How much is that bus if not booked online?

That infomation will be on the CityLink Site.

Do CityLink drop between towns. Failing that a Bus to Craughwell, and a pre-arranged Taxi pickup in Craughwell would do the job.

• Advertisement

That infomation will be on the CityLink Site.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be. They just tell you the online price or the rates for the main drop-off points. Not for the smaller drop-off points.
    Do CityLink drop between towns. Failing that a Bus to Craughwell, and a pre-arranged Taxi pickup in Craughwell would do the job.

I guess it would, if you knew you would definitely be on the bus so would know what time you need the taxi.

I ended up getting a taxi from Galway city for €45, as I was just not ready to go home at 1am. If I ever do get the 1am bus, I'll get it to Loughrea as surely I'll manage to find a taxi from there.

Advertisement