Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sore throats Running-Advice needed?

Options
  • 15-07-2014 8:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Twice this year I have had to abandon running after getting sore throats. Its been complicated by hay fever this summer. I should add that I have a young son so occasional sleep deprivation enters into it. The hay fever was pretty severe this year for some reason but the previous bout of sore throats came in January.

Im really disappointed and feel a bit of a failure over it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭rom

Monitoring your overall wellbeing with something like http://restwise.com/ can help you. You can use any free smartphone app that measures resting HR. You can sign up for a months trial. If you find it useful after a week or two cancel the trail and drop me an email. I have a spreadsheet that does basically the same thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just from the thread title and the current time of year I was going to suggest hayfever as being the culprit. Can't link the January episode with that, but it may have just been a sore throat then. I have had one of the worst years in a good while in the west of England this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

A doc is the only one to help you here as it could be any variation of a sore throat, be it an infection ,hayfever, etc. It could quite possibly be acid reflux also, be it when you are running or after a run and you are asleep at night.

Best bet is to visit the GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Doctor gave me spray for nose so see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭rom

Doctor gave me spray for nose so see how that goes.

nasonex?

• Advertisement
Advertisement