Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Windows

Options
  • 14-07-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi
    Looking to get the PVC windows in our semi d replaced. We bought the house last year and the windows just seem really bad. Some of them aren't sealing when we close the window, and a couple of them have bad condensation / mould in between the panes.
    Is there any good information resource about windows - google just returns a lot of results for windows OS. Or if anyone's had their windows replaced recently, I'd appreciate the feedback.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 smileybee

I'm not sure if it's any help but I just bought a house (4 bed semi) and the surveyor's report recommended replacing the windows (frames and all) quoting a price of 7k. I had someone come out to quote for the work and he advised that I could just replace the frames where there was condensation - that will cost 700e instead. Hope that helps....

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Got all my windows shipped in from Poland and had them fitted by a few friends. 5k all triple glazed including French doors at the rear. Good quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

Ice87 wrote: »
    Got all my windows shipped in from Poland and had them fitted by a few friends. 5k all triple glazed including French doors at the rear. Good quality too.

Wow, thats good. How did you know what you were getting? what about translating etc?

Advertisement