Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of help please

Options
  • 14-07-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Howdy all

I hopeope somebody might be able to guide me to help solve a little problem i have:D
    Bought a Hikvision dvr model no. Ds-7204HWI-SH.Installed about 8 months ago all fine there.

On a weeks holiday so i said id play around with it as regards remote access(not needed just wanted to see could i do it).Installed iVMS-4500 app on android phone

Set up an account on hik etc went through finding my ip etc was a struggle!!!Opened up the ports etc on router and checked on canyouseeme.

Only problem i have is i can get access and see my home grand, power down dvr and back up still fine,power down the router and im goosed
    haha get a communication error

lads please help me out i nearly got it i know just need help from the pros:o
    Router is an eircom d1000 on eircom broadband

hope somebody replies
    Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

When you power down the router it assigns a new ip address. You either need to get a fixed ip off your service provider or use hikvision's dns facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

When you power down the router it assigns a new ip address. You either need to get a fixed ip off your service provider or use hikvision's dns facility.
    Thats where im lost haha thanks for the advice fred any idea where i find that in the eircom router settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's in the dvr settings in network settings. You need to check the box to enable the dns and imput a unique name like "crazydash" and save it. In the app check the dns tab and enter your unique name and it should work.

Make sure you open ports 80, 554 and 8000.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Hi just wondering if anyone can help, remoteaccess same model hikvision 7204 , UPC Cisco epc2425 3 ports open, I think, but hikvision can't get out, router problem, set up static IP , again any guided instructions, I am a newbe, thanks :}

Advertisement