Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 Toyota Corolla VVTI T2 Hatchback value?

Options
  • 14-07-2014 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Can anyone advise me roughly how much these are worth?
    I posted earlier saying beepbeep.ie had a crazy value of €4,150. Needless to say I didn't get any calls ha ha. It is in mint condition. It's a lovely shiny red colour 3 door.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but....

Get on donedeal and carzone.
    Average out the prices.
    Add a couple of hundred onto the average for your own.
    Throw her up with an honest ad, and she'll shift for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Soarer wrote: »
    I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but....

Get on donedeal and carzone.
    Average out the prices.
    Add a couple of hundred onto the average for your own.
    Throw her up with an honest ad, and she'll shift for ya.

Ya that sounds like a good plan. I'll have a look at the other ads and put a few extra bob on what I feel is right and sit back and wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

It's the honesty of the ad, and the quality of the pics, that'll sell the car for ya.

Best of luck.

Soarer wrote: »
    It's the honesty of the ad, and the quality of the pics, that'll sell the car for ya.

Best of luck.

Thank you. I'll take your advice on board. I'm such a newbie at selling cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Hello,

Can anyone advise me roughly how much these are worth?
    I posted earlier saying beepbeep.ie had a crazy value of €4,150. Needless to say I didn't get any calls ha ha. It is in mint condition. It's a lovely shiny red colour 3 door.

did you not get your answer here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91223482

€4150 isn't too bad an estimation of the cars value. t2 is very nearly the lowest trim level, but a 3dr in red kind of compensates a little in its favour.

stick it up at €3950 to bring it just under the €4k mark which makes it seem more affordable on first impressions.

you still havn't said if it's a facelift car or not or whether it has NCT.

if its a facelift with NCT i'd be holding out for €37-3800. pre facelift without NCT, maybe €3400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

3dr models are scarce enough and they are popular especially with young lads looking to modify them. Red is an easy colour to sell too. T2 is slightly higher spec than the bog standard Terra here, if it has air conditioning then mention that in the advert as it's rare in a Corolla of that vintage so a good selling point. Should get around €3350 for it if it has a decent amount of NCT left on it so I'd put the asking price at €3750.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Avoid these terms in you're ad:
    no p/x or swaps

first to see will buy.

W.H.Y

will fly through nct

no lowballers or tyre kickers

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The "no p/x or swaps" will hopefully weed out messers wanting to swap some banger

you still havn't said if it's a facelift car or not or whether it has NCT.

if its a facelift with NCT i'd be holding out for €37-3800. pre facelift without NCT, maybe €3400.

I'm not sure what Facelift means .. It has NCT until next June.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm not sure what Facelift means .. It has NCT until next June.

This
    does your car have the teardrop headlights, that's how to tell if it's early or late spec.

early front:
    540x405_toyota-corolla-e-3340746.jpg

late front:
    41900fd143bcd622ed0a584380c72532.jpg

• Advertisement

No teardrop lights to the front I'm afraid :(

Advertisement