Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Running Clubs

Options
  • 14-07-2014 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some advice re running clubs in north/east Wicklow.

Have been slogging it out on my own for years but feel I need to shake things up after going a bit stale. Flirted with the idea before, but knew I'd be moving to Wicklow so thought I'd wait until after the move.
    I know there is a track in Greystones and intend to make use of it as it's only 10 minutes away.

I'm looking at improving towards the sub 3 marathon mark from 3:15 and am looking for a club that might suit/welcome a 40 year old who hasn't joined anything since school:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

All of the Wicklow-based clubs would be very welcoming and delighted to have you on board. Quite a number of Boards posters (myself included) are members of Bray Runners, but there are other clubs that also would be suitable, depending on where you're located. Probably best to pick a club that is closest to where you live, as it would likely be the most convenient for sorting out meet-ups, club runs etc. Most of the Wicklow clubs run as part of an umbrella club (Slí Cualann) when participating in events outside of Wicklow anyway, and there's good camaraderie across Sli Cualann clubs and occasional meet-ups for training (though these seem to have quietened down recently).

Kilcoole AC (not part of Sli Cualann) and Greystones AC might also be convenient for you (the other clubs are slightly further south). Most clubs would also have allocated times on the Greystones track, so this could also be an influencing factor. Drop me a pm if you want further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Cheers KC. Did a bit of a google blitz last night and am leaning towards Kilcoole as their training nights suit mine best.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

sideswipe wrote: »
    Cheers KC. Did a bit of a google blitz last night and am leaning towards Kilcoole as their training nights suit mine best.
    You could drop a pm to 'Pre' and 'Pronator' of this parish as they're both running for Kilcoole, so can give you the skinny. I'm sure there are a few more Kilcoole AC posters about as well. See you at the cross-country. ;)

Advertisement