Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick NCT question..

Options
  • 14-07-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My BMW e39 failed on two things today in the NCT:

The propshaft coupling (doughnut) - which I knew it would have failed on as it has been knocking on gear change for the last few months

and what the fail sheet describes as a "Mounting" (the item is Transmission (57)) in the Nearside/Front.
    Now this wheel has been knocking a little when going over speed bumps now and again so I had intended on getting this fixed either way.

My question really is, does anyone know what it's referring to by "Mounting"?
    I'm getting a couple of different results upon searching...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

probably just worn or not properly fitted. But would suggest to get that sorted in a garage anyway, they can then see what was meant

Advertisement