Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power underage betting

Options
  • 14-07-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have for about a month now on Paddy Power. i started at the beginning of the world cup. I stopped when i realised i was no longer able to withdraw my money because i was asking for id. I have deposited about 260 euro i to my Paddy Power account since about a month ago. I don't care about the winnings i just would like to get my deposits back. It says on the paddy power age policy...
    'We further reserve the right to forfeit all transactions and return all deposits to anyone under the age of 18.'

i can't post a link but just look up paddypower age policy to see it.

I also sent an email to paddy power customer support explaining my situation pretending to be my concerned mother and he replied with this

'Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.

You should be able to retrieve the money back as this would be one of our most strict policies. If you would like to give us a call and one of our senior agents can run through the procedure with yourself. My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries please click here to avail of our Live Help.

Kind Regards,

Martin'

and i got another email today..

'Thank you for your recent contact regarding the account you registered with Paddy Power.

By registering with Paddy Power you establish a contract. The contract and T&C’s state you must be of age to gamble. By accepting the terms of the contract you confirm you are of age. If the terms of the contract are in breech the account registered will become null and void.

If you are under the age of 18 we will require the contact details of your parent/guardian in order to bring this matter to a close.

Kind regards,

Marion Byrne
    Online Security Manager'

Does anyone know if i will actually be able to get my deposits back and is there a chance i could get in any legal trouble ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Likely hood of legal action: Slim to none. Likely hood of getting your money back: Slim to none. How young are you? Obviously you knew by gambling you were of underage. But I would of assumed most people knew they would need ID...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Sounds like they'll give you the money back once your parents ring up and ask for it.
    Time to tell mammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sounds like they'll give you the money back once your parents ring up and ask for it.
    Time to tell mammy.

Can't really see them giving money back to be honest. If that's the case you could sign up. Bet. If wins grand enter your details as your over 18. If loses, pretend to be under 18 and get money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

They've already indicated that you should get the money back but it will involve fessing up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Bateman wrote: »
    They've already indicated that you should get the money back but it will involve fessing up

This. So either a case of how much do you need that €260 compared to how pissed off will the parents be.

Not often bookies get a good press but PP's rules on this from the OP seem to be very socially conscious. Although they're probably covering their ass legally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

From reading the PP reply it sounds like you will get your initial deposit back and nothing more.
    PP wouldn't want the bad publicity of having under 18's on their site even though they can't stop them registering.

I assume you are "very young" as you could just leave it there until you reach the age of 18 and then try withdrawing it in a shop using their card?

How did you lodge the money on the 1st place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

okidoki987 wrote: »
    From reading the PP reply it sounds like you will get your initial deposit back and nothing more.
    PP wouldn't want the bad publicity of having under 18's on their site even though they can't stop them registering.

I assume you are "very young" as you could just leave it there until you reach the age of 18 and then try withdrawing it in a shop using their card?

How did you lodge the money on the 1st place?

Wouldn't work as you'd need to verify the account in the shop and they'll cop he was underage when he set up the account.

As far as I'm aware you'll get your deposited money back presuming you didn't lose it. Any money you won will of course be forfeited. I'd get onto their livechat on the site and try and get them to sort it out rather than constant emails back and forth. They'll probably want to ring you/your parents though.

It's kind of ironic seeing as PaddyPower are the most notorious bookie for having underage gamblers on their site and they usually do very little to revent this. (They very rarely ask for ID when setting up an account)

Bet365 on the other hand require verification from every account holder as soon as they register.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RC12397

It's all nearly cleared up and they are going to send me a check for the money i deposited, thanks everyone for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bet365 on the other hand require verification from every account holder as soon as they register

That's only for email address/phone number.
    If I remember correctly, they send a code to either phone or email which you have type in before you can continue.
    They will only ask for ID for photo and address when you want to withdraw funds (which is what most other bookies will do).

OP
    How did you lodge the money in the 1st place?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RC12397

I used both my debit card and my paypal account to lodge the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Holly102

Hi I and 17 and would like to set up an online betting account with my debit card but I cannot verify the account, I was wondering If I used my siblings name and information but used my debit card would that work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Holly102 wrote: »
    Hi I and 17 and would like to set up an online betting account with my debit card but I cannot verify the account, I was wondering If I used my siblings name and information but used my debit card would that work

You're under 18 and what you are proposing to do is cheating. Keep your pocket money. How did you get a debit card, is it linked to your parent's card? Do you have their permission to give PP their money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Holly102

You're under 18 and what you are proposing to do is cheating. Keep your pocket money. How did you get a debit card, is it linked to your parent's card? Do you have their permission to give PP their money?

My credit card is totally independent from my parent credit card and is all my money that I have worked for they know that I gamble responsibly and I have their permission

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Holly102 wrote: »
    Please note it is against site rules to seek advice on how to break the law. I'm closing this thread and deleting your posts in the other thread. If you ask the question again you will be sitebanned

Please PM me if you have any questions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement