Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapha Women's 100

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Hey I would, but I'm not around this wknd - good idea though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I would be in for the flat version? I am also very pro coffee stops :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

If you're on Strava, sign up and you'll get a nice woven badge in old-school scout stylee afterwards. I've got one from last year's climbing challenge that I still don't know what to do with.

If there are more takers I'll post up a route in a while. I'm not sure of where the coffee shops are out in Kildare/Meath so all suggestions welcome.

I am not on Strava. When you see my bike you will see why! :o I went to a lovely coffee shop out on/near the hill of Tara recently, and there is a €5 deal on two scones and tea/coffee...

It's not about the bike, it's the rider. If you can sustain speeds of 32kph+ over 40km you'll be grand.

I've edited the first post to include the routes to the Hill of Tara and around Wicklow.

• Advertisement

There's no way we'll be doing 32kph+ though! It'll be around 25 - 27kph average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

I was trying to find the contact details too, but no joy. Would love to do it, but have to pack my bike Sunday unfortunately.

There's no way we'll be doing 32kph+ though! It'll be around 25 - 27kph average.

Phew!

I've registered the ride on the Rapha CC website.

I'll be the small woman with a big grin and St Tiernan's CC kit at the Main Gate of Phoenix Park on Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Sounds cool! I'm away for a sportive in Westport this weekend, otherwise I'd join ye! I'll post the details around our club also, might be a few takers :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Giving a lot of consideration to doing the London one on Sunday - riding out from Hackney.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

There is a charity sportive out in Kilmessan on Sunday morning, 80km I think

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭paddlepop

I am doing it too but will be aiming for a 7am start in Wicklow. Hoping to get a few people to join me but if not i'll be doing it solo. Very last minute decision and i will be taking it handy and stopping for coffee for sure!

Good luck namelessphil. Hope its nice weather. You should get your woven label sewn onto your gear bag-thats what im going to do with mine!

I have to wimp out of this one :( I got called to Roscommon so I'll be out west without a bike for it :(
    But good lick to everyone heading out tomorrow, have a fabulous day :D

Good luck in Roscommon tomorrow gadetra! It's a pity you won't have a bike with you.

I'm still heading out, I've no idea if anyone else will be there.

Well, I rode it with one other woman. Nice day and good company.

http://www.strava.com/activities/168379209/segments/3919963752

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭paddlepop

Nice one and a few QOM's must be happy with that.
    Here's my strava report. A little more hilly but happy enough.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/168320003

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Did it - pretty happy with it, though I was in bits after because I haven't gone further than 60km before! :pac:

http://www.strava.com/activities/168444905

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Well, I rode it with one other woman. Nice day and good company.

http://www.strava.com/activities/168379209/segments/3919963752
    There's hardly a segment that you didn't score something on! Very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭QueensGael

So how did it go?

• Advertisement
Advertisement