Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Information Systems vs Commerce

Options
  • 14-07-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, I'm going into sixth year and decided I should make a more concrete my decision on the course I should really aim for, to motivate me for this year.
    I know that I am interested in Business and have picked these two courses to focus on for now.
    There seems to be a lot of people doing both courses on this forum and have read about both courses in detail but still amen't totally sure.

I have an entire bunch of questions I want to ask.
    Please just give me personal experiences on this and PM me (because I want to ask so many questions)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

You're only going into 6th year so you'll have plenty of time to decide and will possibly be coming to an open day here so will learn a lot more there- you'll meet tutors and lecturers and can ask specific questions.
    http://www.ucc.ie/calendar/commerce/com005.html - book of modules should help as well.

Definitely aim for enough points to cover both. I'd give the edge to BIS but it really depends where your interests lie. It's a solid IT course and IT as a commodity is becoming more valuable by the day, yet not all companies have the resources to properly use it- which is where you come in. BIS has higher employment rate too, one of the highest on campus in fact.

Advertisement