Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Text App Needed

Options
  • 14-07-2014 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi I'm with Meteor and would like an app that sends their webtexts. I was advised to get cabbage, so got and installed it - recieving a signing in issue, from a bit of research I've found out that's because with Meteor/Mymeteor you sign in using an email and not your mobile number

Was then advised to get SwiftSMS as they've worked around that issue, I got this today and it goes red at the top and will not let me go any further so I'm assuming there's a sign in issue with this app as well.

Yes before anyone can ask the details I'm entering are correct, I've signed into mymeteor on my laptop several times today to send webtexts and sign in is working fine as are the webtexts so its a signing into the app issue.

Can anyone please advise some steps to work with the above apps or maybe just suggest a new one that works with meteor?

Thanks for any help given (btw - if explaining anything, please phrase it like you would if you were explaining it to your dog Not the most tech minded person out there! So I need a dumbed down version of the dumbed down version!)

The phone I am using is a Huawei Y300

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

What version of Android does your phone have?
    What version of SwiftSMS are you using?

I have tested out logging into the new https://my.meteor.ie/ using SwiftSMS and it works fine. It uses email address and password. When you say you've logging into MyMeteor online, were you using your email and password?
    Meteor still works on SwiftSMS for me, so there must be some compatibility problems with your configuration.

Advertisement