Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will l have to do theory test all over again??

Options
  • 14-07-2014 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭

Did my theory test about 5 or 6 years ago....took a few driving lessons but have no one at home to help me practise, so for a while lv forgotten about it.

My previsional license expires next months, l think its my 2nd one l am on.....so just wondering do l have to apply for the driving test before it expires?? lm not ready at all for it....is there anyway l can postpone the driving test til later in the year??

I know lv made a balls of things :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Stop panicking! The only way you'll end up having to re-do the Theory Test is if you wait five years after your current learner permit expires. If it is your second permit, you'll just have to apply for a driving test before you renew it, and you'll get a one-year permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

jimgoose wrote: »
    Stop panicking! The only way you'll end up having to re-do the Theory Test is if you wait five years after your current learner permit expires. If it is your second permit, you'll just have to apply for a driving test before you renew it, and you'll get a one-year permit.

so basically l have to apply for the driving test and sit it, before or during next month....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

so basically l have to apply for the driving test and sit it, before or during next month....

You have to apply for the driving test. Print off the resulting confirmation email and take it with you to the NDLS centre when you renew your learner permit. That'll get you a learner permit valid for one year. If you brought evidence of having failed a test in the preceding two years, you would get a two-year permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No. You only have to apply for the driving test. You do not have to actually sit the test in order to get a third learner permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No. You only have to apply for the driving test. You do not have to actually sit the test in order to get a third learner permit.

If l apply for the test, bring in my proof that l have applied for it, can l then get my new permit and cancel my test as l wouldnt be ready for it at all.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Glynch93

If l apply for the test, bring in my proof that l have applied for it, can l then get my new permit and cancel my test as l wouldnt be ready for it at all.....

That would make sense. I stand corrected though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yes. When you book your test, you will be given a confirmation number. You quote that confirmation number when you apply for your new learner permit. If you then decide to cancel your test, that is up to you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Yes.

Just ensure you tell them you want it cancelled indefinitely as you'll go to the bottom of the waiting list and your test will be rescheduled

Advertisement