Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding dress

Options
  • 14-07-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I got a gift of a brand new wedding dress at christmas and it was a size smaller than what I am. After alot of dieting and going to the gym it fits however it doesnt fit around the bust, it would need a panel of around 5 inches, I tried wearing a corset but to no avail, can this be fixed or will I have to get a new dress?? wedding is in three weeks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Bring it to a seamstress and ask. You may have left it too late, but they might be able to match the material and make an insert for across your back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Bring it to a seamstress, you might have left it too late as Faith said, get onto one in the morning. Dresses can usually be let out a little bit. My dress is a bit small for me atm (bought it in a sale) but if I lost the weight it would fit me perfect because the bust is a little big for my bust.

You can buy some lovely dresses off the peg if you need to and have it in your budget, there's a place in Dublin 4 that does this.

Advertisement