Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-attaching Alarm wiring costs

Options
  • 14-07-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭

I had a very basic system in the house I bought a few years ago, sensors on all windows and doors. Following re-wiring a few years ago the system is not connected as the electricians said only the alarm company could do this and stand over it which was fair enough. I've left the system inoperable since but am now looking at getting it working again.

The alarm company have quoted me €540 for the installation of 3 new sensors (where doors replaced windows, wiring is still in place but no sensors) which I thought was expensive, is it expensive and what should it cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

I had a very basic system in the house I bought a few years ago, sensors on all windows and doors. Following re-wiring a few years ago the system is not connected as the electricians said only the alarm company could do this and stand over it which was fair enough. I've left the system inoperable since but am now looking at getting it working again.

The alarm company have quoted me €540 for the installation of 3 new sensors (where doors replaced windows, wiring is still in place but no sensors) which I thought was expensive, is it expensive and what should it cost?

You do not have to use the same company, ring around as I think that charge is excessive if they are only fitting detectors to 3 doors.

Advertisement