Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Misfiring nct

Options
  • 14-07-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all.... I own a 99 golf 1.4 petrol 3 door and am trying to get the thing to pass the Nct...it had a few problems that I sorted out but it failed emissions...it is missing due to myself not realizing it was low on oil a year ago... How it didn't seize up I don't know and I realize how dopy that all was... Nevertheless I need to pass and u may have guessed I know nothing about cars...any help would be appreciated...
    high idle
    co 0.40% vol above 0.30%fail

nct 215 ppm above 200ppm fail
    lambda 1.03 not between 0.97 and 1.03 fail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Those numbers arent so bad.
    I would suggest change the oil and oil filter
    change the air filter
    Give her a serious dose of dipetane and drive her like you stole her for a few days before the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pacoban34

Thanks will do that so......

Advertisement