Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

can i trust a garage timing belt

Options
  • 14-07-2014 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Left car into a main vw dealership in dublin to get timing belt done its a vw golf TDI was going to do timing belt myself but if u got it wrong well , if I was getting brakes done I I could see the work has been done with tb no evidence as its internal etc but I have a gut feeling it was not done as there are no marks on tb cover and the mechanic a black one was v vague on the time it took am I just been paranoid

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

<popcorn>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

This will end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Ipro

Op relax. . If it was left into a vw dealership and you have a receipt for the work you will be ok.

If anything goes wrong you have plenty of comeback as you have a receipt for work carried out by a reputable dealership.

If anything were to go wrong and the timing belt were to be the problem then vw would cover the expense of any work carried out.

Not overly knowledgeable on car models but I assumed that modern disels these days came with a tinning chain capable of withstanding 400-500k km :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Ipro wrote: »
    Op relax. . If it was left into a vw dealership and you have a receipt for the work you will be ok.

If anything goes wrong you have plenty of comeback as you have a receipt for work carried out by a reputable dealership.

If anything were to go wrong and the timing belt were to be the problem then vw would cover the expense of any work carried out.

Not overly knowledgeable on car models but I assumed that modern disels these days came with a tinning chain capable of withstanding 400-500k km :-(

Chains are not for life unfortunately. Ask plenty if bmw owners with the n47 engine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Not sure what relevance the skin colour of the mechanic has with regard to the job being done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭PANADOL

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Not sure what relevance the skin colour of the mechanic has with regard to the job being done?

Put it this way I would have went to a diff garage if I knew / anything technical prefer Europeans not the imported variety

Put it this way I would have went to a diff garage if I knew / anything technical prefer Europeans not the imported variety

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

PANADOL wrote: »

You are a racist and your punctuation is terrible.

• Advertisement

And there it is. I was nearly out of popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Are you sure he wasn't just covered in grease after doing all that work for you? Always a possibility, good to keep an open mind...

A proper patriot should sell the German car and buy an Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You do know that timing belts are black?

You are a racist and your punctuation is terrible.

Yes I agree , I am , they are less

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's your problem right there - don't let Dubliners work on your car. They are lazy and won't do it correctly*

*am I doing it right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement