Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keyless Entry System, Ford Fiesta

Options
  • 14-07-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me exactly what a keyless entry system is? I have been looking at a 2011 Fiesta and when typing in the registration on the Ford website to see the list of its features it says that it doesn't have a keyless entry system, is this something to do with the alarm or is it the remote locking?

The description on the dealers website says it has central locking I assumed this was remote locking but maybe I am wrong? Although surely all 2011 cars have remote locking?! It's a deal breaker if it doesn't! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

mutley18 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me exactly what a keyless entry system is? I have been looking at a 2011 Fiesta and when typing in the registration on the Ford website to see the list of its features it says that it doesn't have a keyless entry system, is this something to do with the alarm or is it the remote locking?

The description on the dealers website says it has central locking I assumed this was remote locking but maybe I am wrong? Although surely all 2011 cars have remote locking?! It's a deal breaker if it doesn't! :confused:

After a quick google it would seem it is remote locking. Strange one for a 2011 reg alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,204 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Keyless entry is that you don't need to press the remote fob to open/close the car. The car will detect the remote fob on you within a certain distance from the car and unlock the doors. The reverse then when the car can no longer detect the fob it locks the doors. So you can open/close the doors without taking the fob out of your pocket for example.

An extension of this system is keyless start where you can start the car without having to put the fob/key in the ignition. Once the car detects the key/fob you just press the start/stop ignition button on the dash, again without removing the fob/key from your person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

bazz26 wrote: »
    Keyless entry is that you don't need to press the remote fob to open/close the car. The car will detect the remote fob on you within a certain distance from the car and unlock the doors. The reverse then when the car can no longer detect the fob it locks the doors. So you can open/close the doors without taking the fob out of your pocket for example.

An extension of this system is keyless start where you can start the car without having to put the fob/key in the ignition. Once the car detects the key/fob you just press the start/stop ignition button on the dash, again without removing the fob/key from your person.

So you reckon it does have remote locking? I had a 04 Corsa for 6 years and it had it so if this doesn't it would be a step back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ya, remote locking is taken as standard these days. If it has keyless start as well, it'll still have a fob type thing which will have the lock unlock buttons on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,444 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AFAIK Base model fiesta today still doesn't have remote locking as standard, its €60 or so extra.
    With used cars, you're at the mercy of how good the person putting the cars up is at describing accurately what the car has.

Far as I know, fiestas with keyless start and entry (as opposed to remote locking) have a little black button on the door handle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,204 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hard to believe in this day and age that a car doesn't have remote central locking as standard. Even harder to believe that a manufacturer would go to the trouble of putting it on the options list and charging around €60 extra for it.

xzng.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I am seeing in the list of features on the Ford Etis website that it also says "Door Entry R/Cont Unit - 2 Keys"

I assume this means it does have remote locking? Can't believe it is not in all Fiestas as standard!

Advertisement