Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking SMS texts on Samsung S4

Options
  • 13-07-2014 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

I would like to block a person from sending me texts and phone calls.

My phone is a Samsung S4

Options:

1. It may be that the phone actually has a setting that enables me to do this but I don't know where that is....I have looked in settings!????

2. There are aps. that you can download to block phone numbers and texts- I downloaded one today. It is called Avast Mobile Security. However it only blocks phone calls.
    When I click on the icon to block SMS it says " SMS blocking does not work on your current version of Android (4.4.2)".

3. There are other aps. out there that I could download but I need to download one that blocks txts. Does anyone have one that they use or know of?

I would hugely appreciate advice on this one.

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

GoSmsPro has a more tools section that has a sms blocker. its a free app despite being called pro and allows you to schedule texts and the likes, there is also a private message folder, for personal texts when you hand your phone to someone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jb.gosms&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Call your provider, have the number blocked. I needed it once before on o2 and it was literally a 5 minute call and they could never contact me again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ok, you can block texts by going into your text messages hit the menu button and go to settings, down the bottom there is a "Spam Settings" option that will allow you block a number from texting you.

To block calls then you go into "Phone" then click the menu button and select "Call settings" and the first option there is "Call Rejection", you can add numbers there to reject calls from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lisaoc

When I go into messages, I get into messages, I don't get into settings.

Could you be clearer please?

Thanx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lisaoc wrote: »
    When I go into messages, I get into messages, I don't get into settings.

Could you be clearer please?

Thanx

Yes with Messages open, you press the button to the left hand side of the home button to open up a menu and in there you select settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement