Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it worth selling?

Options
  • 13-07-2014 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a 00 Corolla, great car but unfortunately there's a good bit of damage to it. The passenger side bumper and rear door have some very ugly looking scratches and dents. And recently the sunroof has begun leaking.

I'm not sure if it'd be worth my while putting any more money into it to fix it when I could just buy something newer/smaller. However, I will have to get rid of this first.

Would anyone buy it? Or would I be better off trying to get it sold for scrap somewhere? It has an excellent engine and new tyres and has never broken down or had any real trouble. But the state that it's in I would be very suprised if anyone would want to buy it.

Any thoughts are appreciated as I'll have to get rid of the car one way or another!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If its mechanically sound then you could try sticking it up on DD for a few hundred quid and see if anyone bites. Worth a try for the sake of the cost of an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Maybe look for one in good nick but with a knackered engine, and do a swap?

It's a shame to see those engines going to the scrapyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi op.

What mileage, nct if any ?

If it were going for not mad money I wouldn't mind owning it unless its smashed to bits.
    How bad is damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Can you post a photo of the damage?

Put it on donedeal anyway, it might be sold for export - and you'll get more than you will for scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I don't have any photos but the damage is bad enough (bumper was damaged by pulling down a pillar). Not extensive and it hasn't caused any problems it's just awful looking, and would be expensive enough to repair. And now with the leaking sun roof, it's even worse!
    It was NCTd in March.

I actually love the car, and I don't particularly want to get rid of it but feel like it would cost more to repair it than it's actually worth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

allym wrote: »
    I don't have any photos but the damage is bad enough (bumper was damaged by pulling down a pillar). Not extensive and it hasn't caused any problems it's just awful looking, and would be expensive enough to repair. And now with the leaking sun roof, it's even worse!
    It was NCTd in March.

I actually love the car, and I don't particularly want to get rid of it but feel like it would cost more to repair it than it's actually worth.

If it has NCT, it will sell, probably not for much (you'll get 3/400). Place a decent ad with an honest description and good photos, and you will sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

corollas are always worth something and there's always someone willing to buy them.

look into a second hand bumper and door. you could double the value of the car for very little outlay.

is it 3dr/ 5dr/ saloon? colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Pics, please!

Advertisement