Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would be best to record mini-documentary?

Options
  • 13-07-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I used to do photography especially capturing hundreds of photos then creating them into time-lapse video so I kind of enjoy doing photography/editing and I also have been in 3D modelling area for past 5 years as side hobby so I would say I am creative.
    Anyway now the situation is: I am finishing college next year (BSc in Computer Science - 4 years) and from September up to May I will have very busy schedule developing and programming my final year project, this project is best way to show yourself and get instant good job offer after finishing college as these projects will be viewed by big companies on project showcase,
    I love keeping track of my tasks and activities but I've never video documented it.

Anyway to the point: I would love to video document all my project development, which includes:
    Travelling various companies and places across Dublin, buying some hardware, installing it, set ups, programming, bug tests, fails, feedback of people I ask around, so just general work load.

Then I would want to make it into short video, just for myself to keep as memory of my graduation.

What would you suggest to use to record video of day to day routine during this? I would need it to be recording at least in 720p with good quality, be okay on battery and be protable.

I don't want to use my phone since it has crap battery without using camera alone.

So what would you suggest for this case?

Thanks.

P.S - I would be willing to spend up to 250 Eur on camera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A go pro would suit your needs, I'm not sure what the 3rd one is like for sound but you probably won't be able to depend on it's mic. There are plenty of clamping options so you could just clamp it to anything from a bench to a door and it would be somewhat unintrusive.

Advertisement