Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosmetic Outlet in Ireland?

Options
  • 13-07-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, first time poster here.

I had heard of Cosmetic Company Outlets (where you can get brand make-up products at a lower price) being all across America and I decided to find out if we had any here, in Ireland. I'm from the south-west of Ireland and I had heard that there was one up north, specifically at Junction 1 in Antrim. The name of it was 'AllWellanGood'.

Everything online I've read about it is from 2009/10 and it's not listed on the Junction 1 website at all. I'll be visiting the north soon and I'd really like to visit the CCO if it's still there.

If anybody who lives in the area close to Junction 1 or who knows about CCO's in Ireland could clue as to whether it's still there or not I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

https://www.facebook.com/TheCosmeticOutletDublin8 . Just spotted this on facebook. Is this what your looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shanonnilion

Kind of! I already knew about that one, but thank you anyways.

I'm still curious about the one in Junction 1 though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I've read a number of posts on beaut.ie about the cosmetic outlet that would make me feel very cautious about buying there.

I wish the US websites sold to Ireland AND that we didn't get stung for customs / VAT charges at a pathetically low level

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Actually there are ways around it. It works a bit like a parcel motel - you need to google for it. You basically set up an account, get an address in us(which is that company address) and they will forward you the parcel for a charge. I actually saw one but don't remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has the Cosmetic Outlet in Dublin got a website, all Google can find me is a facebook page

• Advertisement

Cautious? Really? I thought they were just a good place to get branded stuff a bit cheaper and I don't think I've heard anything bad about them myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

It's mentioned in the comments on this post, and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere too

http://beaut.ie/2014/fake-brush-counterfeit-cosmetics/#.U8PgSWK9KK0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I think you might be talking about the CCO in Junction One - this was the first thing that came up when I googled. They have discontinued MAC etc - avoid the one in Dublin 8!
    http://www.emeraldeyeliner.com/2012/03/belfast-shopping-junction-once-cco.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

So the place in Dublin 8 is totally different to the CCO that you are talking about.

From what I can tell, the CCO in NI is gone. There is one in Swindon in the UK which I have been to a few times, unfortunately might be the nearest now. Kildare Village would really suit a CCO...

Everything that you guys found is all I have found and know already, but thanks anyways :)

I had become more interested in the one in Dublin since I started losing hope on the one in Junction 1 but I guess I shouldn't pay them a visit. I would be devastated if I spent money on fakes or anything that isn't safe for my skin. Thanks for letting me know about this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 coddle

on_my_oe wrote: »
    It's mentioned in the comments on this post, and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere too

All the big irish bloggers and even beaut.ie girls themselves at an event last night PROMOTING these guys!!! really disappointing - i've left a comment on their 'Blather' page, but they won't approve it

I've been suspect about the beaut.ie team for a while now - they gush about anything now, so obviously freebies are king

Anyone thats been in that shop know their Urban Decay, MAC & Benefit stuff is fake.

Advertisement