Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A4 02 1.9tdi Aux belt.

Options
  • 13-07-2014 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

My belt is slapping like a mad thing and the tensioner is bouncing like a madder thing at idle. Lots of squeeling form the steering and sounds rough at idle.
    I bought a tensioner from GSF but as per usual getting to do anything on the front of these is a nightmare.

how the bloody hell do you get to the bolt to remove the tensioner?
    It doesnt look like removing the front would help.

Also the part I got from GSF looks wrong but we went through the diagrams and codes and was sure it was from my engine.Same style -same bolting just looks bigger!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

bcmf wrote: »
    My belt is slapping like a mad thing and the tensioner is bouncing like a madder thing at idle. Lots of squeeling form the steering and sounds rough at idle.
    I bought a tensioner from GSF but as per usual getting to do anything on the front of these is a nightmare.

how the bloody hell do you get to the bolt to remove the tensioner?
    It doesnt look like removing the front would help.

Also the part I got from GSF looks wrong but we went through the diagrams and codes and was sure it was from my engine.Same style -same bolting just looks bigger!

Chances are its not the tensioner thats faulty its more likely your alternator pulley has seized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Thanks Martin.
    would a seized Alt pulley/clutch cause the idler to bounce like a demon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

It would. Very common problem.

The tensioner is also bolted from the back. So is the fan which has to come off to me the tensioner out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

bcmf wrote: »
    Thanks Martin.
    would a seized Alt pulley/clutch cause the idler to bounce like a demon?

It would. More than likely the tensioner is grand check your alt pulley its a lot easier to get that replaced than replacing a tensioner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Thanks lads.
    Will unbolt the alt and test the clutch pulley.

• Advertisement
Advertisement