Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAVE HAROLD CROSS

Options
  • 13-07-2014 9:42am

We've had plenty Irish people go across to Wimbledon to support Paschal Taggart save Wimbledon. We now need their help in saving Harolds Cross. Its sale was one of the recommendations in the recently published Indecon report. Personally, I feel that selling ANY assets at the present time is foolish while the current regime is allowed continue. The priority must be to return confidence in the game. Get rid of cheats. Publish positives of performance enhancing drugs. Get an outside body take over testing for same. Have ALL Board and control committee independent to greyhound racing and have NO part in racing greyhounds or profiting in ANY way from it.

I'm copying this from Greyhound Data.

THE DUBLIN GREYHOND OWNERS BREEDERS ARE TO HOLD MEETING ON TUESDAY THE 29 JULY IN THE TEAROOMS AT 6.OCLOCK BEFORE RACING WE WANT ALL MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS OF HAROLD CROSS AND THE GREYHOUND INDUSTRY TO COME TO THE MEETING AS WE KNOW THE IGB ARE TRYING TO SELL THE TRACK TO PAY FOR ALL THE BAD DECISION MADE BY THEM THEY CAN BLAME DICKO BUT PHIL MEANEY MUST GO DOWN AS THE WORST CHAIRMAN I HAVE COME ACROSS HE IS BRINGING DOWN THE GREYHOUND INDUSTRY HIM AND THE COWBOYS THEY CALL THE BOARD I HOPE HE SHOWS UP NEXT FRIDAY IN HAROLD CROSS I SHALL LET SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE KEPT THE GREYHOUND INDUSTRY GOING FOR THE LAST 50 YEARS HAVE A WORD WITH HIM I SAY TO YOU FOM ONE CHAIRMAN TO ANOTHER YOU BE OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF WE HAVE A FIGHT ON OUR HANDS HAROLD CROSS IS ONE OF THE BEST TRACKS IN THE COUNTRY AND WE WILL NOT GIVE IT UP WITHOUT A FIGHT STARTING NOW MICHAEL O KEEFFE
    CHAIRMAN D.G.O.B.A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I go to Harold's Cross a lot and in fairness it's hard to see how it's viable, it's pretty much empty most of the time. That's just a view from where I am standing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

its viable via the meals and tote etc it has been making money constantly

A different crowd goes there than Shelbourne. HX is the Dubliners track, SPK is the National one. I will repeat, that I believe selling ANY assets is foolish in the extreme while confidence in the game is non existant. The game HAS to be cleaned up if it is to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

maybe selling HX will put on an extra night on in shelbourne and maybe 13 races for newbridge a night to accommodate the dogs.
    I would like to see shelbourne getting an extra night for the average dogs A10toA5
    it would be nice for them dogs to be able to get a run around there.
    I was never a fan of the cross had to many bad nights up there, wrists, hocks broken back. I know its the luck of the draw but the igb at in sh1t for 22million, some thing has to change.
    maybe work off the Australian model and just have a tote and get rid of the bookies and beam the racing at all tracks on to a channel on sky with people betting into the same pool. tote then gives back money to fund the prize money.

Advertisement