Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Older people and the theory test

Options
  • 13-07-2014 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question, don't think it's been answered before. Someone I know who is 80+ needs to sit their theory test. This person has been driving for 30+ years but due to unforeseen circumstances they need to go back to square one and start again (I'm sure some of ye know why, but I'm not going to discuss it). Anyway, being the age they are, they are computer illiterate, which poses a problem seeing as the test is done by means of computer input. I'm sketchy on the details, but I believe they can apply for a "scribe" if you want a better word, who will select (on the computer) the answer given to them. I'm assuming that the RSA have specific people for this, i.e, I couldn't go in with the person and select the answers on the computer for them? Can someone clarify what the story is with this and whom does one contact to organise it - I'm assuming that it's done when making your application.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

theorytest.ie

You'll see on the bottom of the page "For Special Assistance".

I would imagine staff at the centre would perform the assistance

Advertisement