Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor cameras for house

Options
  • 12-07-2014 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Basically I want to install two cameras. So far there is a cat 6 cable at each camera location going back to beside the broadband router and near a tv. I want a simple enough set up two camera go back to central box which records to hard drive and Is connected to Internet so you can view from iPhone/ laptop anywhere at anytime the camera footage.

Firstly I've been told I can use 2 pairs in the cat 6 for video and two for power in the camera.

I've got a quote from a local electrical place where I know the guy that runs it really well. He will sell me a kit with everything I need for 350 euro if using done cameras or 250 euro for a more basic camera view not as wide on it but the same recording equipment in both cases.

Just looking for some advice. Do them prices sound ok. I know I would be getting a good system of him. But at the same time if I could get something that was decent a cheaper online I would but don't want crap either. Any suggestions ? Also does the car 6 setup sound ok ?
    Thanks in advance for your help .

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thread moved from Electrical

Advertisement