Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non fixed showers for private rental

Options
  • 12-07-2014 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

i could be moving in to a private rental in the next few weeks, there is a bath but no shower and we are not allowed put something permanent in and its wallpaper on the walls not tiles, anybody any suggestion or links to a tap connected shower that's good and strong that's removed easily,i know im probably asking for something that's impossible to get,not too bothered about price,we just really need a shower,thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Woodies do a shower hose and head that you fix to the tap on a bath. Its not elegant- but it works. The wallpaper will be an issue- you will not be able to use a shower without destroying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It is also possible to buy a 360 degree shower curtain, but you would need need the landlord's permission to install it. It might involve one fixing point on the wall, and one on the ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Wallpaper in the bathroom? Wouldn't it get wrecked from the steam rising from a hot bath nevermind a shower.

I'd do all I could to find accomodation with a more up to date bathroom, no shower facilities is a big negative in a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

manutd83 wrote: »
    we are not allowed put something permanent in and its wallpaper on the walls not tiles
    The wallpaper will get destroyed. Advise you to look elsewhere, as I'm betting the wallpaper is fairly new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Have you already signed a lease? That sounds like a bizarre bathroom arrangement to me. It would make me wonder what other off the wall approaches the LL might have to letting out this place

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

No havnt signed anything, everything else in the flat is great, its just this issue,the last tenant was there for years and obviously was happy with just a bath so never got a shower sorted out, il just have to have it out properly with the letting agent and/or landlord and see where il go from there,thanks for all the info and input

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Perhaps- if this is the only issue- insinuate that you are happy to take the property- subject to this oversight being rectified. If the previous tenant stayed there years- the property most probably has absolutely nothing wrong with it. Why did they leave?

In all honesty- if this is the sole sticking point- I'd try to work around it- rather than use it as a reason to rule out the property. That said- with water rates coming in imminently- more and more people who might once have been happy with a bath- are going to discover that a shower is a far better proposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,745 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Or learn to take sponge baths.

Seriously. I have an aunt who does this, a.nd had wallpaper and carpet in her bathroom. wouldn't be my idea of cleaning, but it works for her.

Advertisement