Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla Verso - Diesel Glow Plugs

Options
  • 12-07-2014 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Need to replace one or more glow plugs on my wifes Verso D4D, but not sure how to check them as they seem to have a connector at the top of the glow plug and I am not sure how to remove it to test the tip of the plug with the multimeter. I removed the electrical connector to find this connector at top

Any suggestions?

Pic below shows the connector I'm referring to

Thanks
    GlowPlug.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Need to replace one or more glow plugs on my wifes Verso D4D, but not sure how to check them as they seem to have a connector at the top of the glow plug and I am not sure how to remove it to test the tip of the plug with the multimeter. I removed the electrical connector to find this connector at top

Any suggestions?

Pic below shows the connector I'm referring to

Thanks
    GlowPlug.jpg

That photo is of your injector NOT the glow plug!!!!

The glow plugs are located further down the front of the engine under the fuel pipes for the injectors, there is a metal strip joining the 4 together and a cable at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    That photo is of your injector NOT the glow plug!!!!

The glow plugs are located further down the front of the engine under the fuel pipes for the injectors, there is a metal strip joining the 4 together and a cable at the end.

:o:o:o
    Makes sense, thanks for the info, I'll check that now

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

If it is the 1cd-ftv engine, then the glowplugs are JUST below the picture.

They have a silver rail linking them across the top, with cream colour covers over the retaining bolts.

The cream things just screw off.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

oops didnt see the reply above....what he said!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

found them lads, 2 of them duff and a 3rd one not 100%

going to replace all 4

the original 4 that came in car lasted about 88k km and now 22k km later these ones went

not sure of quality of ones installed at 88k but certainly the oem ones lasted the distance

• Advertisement
Advertisement