Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Force Majeure Leave

Options
  • 12-07-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi. I have qustion about Force Majeure Leave.
    My wife will have c section in few weeks and My question is can I be entitled to this leave while shes gonna be at home after the surgery. We are living alone and nobody can help her recover after section so I am wonder can I take 3 day of Force Majeure Leave.If yes can you explain me exactly how its look like, what documents I need to work and when report it to my employer, and did my employer will pay me for 3 days off?

Thanks for all replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

I don't know if all companies work to the same policies but where I work force majeure would be denied in your case. The reason being you have 'notice' the c section is taking place and therefore have time to put plans in place to care for your wife. From my understanding of force majeure leave can only be taken for unplanned emergency type situations.
    There's no harm in asking though! Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Force majeure is for unplanned emergency surgery/deaths of close family members. Because your wife is having a planned c section you may be denied it because you have time to arrange annual leave/unpaid leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Force Majeure would be denied for this reason in my workplace. It is emergency leave and the c-section is pre-planned. I would be very, very surprised if your job did not allow you to fast track some annual leave days though!! Best of luck with the section and the new baby :)

Advertisement