Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S3 Mini - Autocorrect when typing an SMS?

Options
  • 12-07-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Samsung S3 Mini and typing SMS messages infuriates me because it won't autocorrect obvious spelling mistakes. I've checked in Settings/Language and input and there's no obvious option other than 'Predictive Text' (within 'Samsung keyboard') which is set to On.

Is there any way for example to make it change 'tje' to 'the' automatically? I know spelling alternatives come up above the typing window but if you only notice the mistake several words later, you have to manually put the cursor back onto the mistyped word and select the correct alternative. I would like obvious mistakes to be automatically corrected on the fly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭djerk

have you got the option in settings there to enable 'quick fix' and 'show suggestions' ? /scratch that sorry i was looking at the android keyboard setting in cyanogenmod.

you could try swiftkey from the playstore.. probably a lot better than the default anyway.

Advertisement