Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Outlook on Windows 8.1

Options
  • 12-07-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I use Outlook everyday. However I notice that my pc runs very slowly at times and I suspect that Outlook is the biggest drain on RAM and processor.

(I have scanned using multiple programs to see if there is spyware, malware or viruses but cannot see any of these on my pc. + I do not want to use an alternative email client such as Thunderbird.)

Does anyone know any tricks for making Outlook less RAM / processor demanding? Could re-installing it help?

Many thanks,
    Fintan.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from windows devices (mobiles)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Hi,

I use Outlook everyday. However I notice that my pc runs very slowly at times and I suspect that Outlook is the biggest drain on RAM and processor.

(I have scanned using multiple programs to see if there is spyware, malware or viruses but cannot see any of these on my pc. + I do not want to use an alternative email client such as Thunderbird.)

Does anyone know any tricks for making Outlook less RAM / processor demanding? Could re-installing it help?

Many thanks,
    Fintan.

When your PC is running slowly open the task manager and see what's eating up your cpu. That will tell you where your problem is. When you do see something there, take down the name and google it to find out what it is and why its slowing your PC

Advertisement