Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome browser

Options
  • 12-07-2014 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,724 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else find chrome browser has gone to the dogs recently?

Using it in two devices htc one m7 and moto g. Its positively slow, crashes and leaves blank screen.

Had a recent update for Chrome on moto g this morning and it seem to be worse. BETA version is not better.

This used to be my go to browser but no idea it's lost its way.

Writing this from mozilla and its performimg like chrome should and did in the past.

Il be dumping chrome for a while I think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

No issues for me....Nexus 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Working great here on HTC One X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Long time Dolphin user here with a stock Nexus 5. After giving Chrome and Chrome beta a run for a few weeks as my default browser I went back to Dolphin this week. The only feature I miss from Chrome is the option to share when you tap the url. Dolphin is a miles better browser, is faster, has flash, a full selection of add-ons including adblock (root not required) and Lastpass. Chrome just feels unfinished and neglected without add-ons

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

No issues for me with Beta on N4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I did have issues until an update about a week ago fixed it, stock Nexus 5...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Long time Dolphin user here with a stock Nexus 5. After giving Chrome and Chrome beta a run for a few weeks as my default browser I went back to Dolphin this week. The only feature I miss from Chrome is the option to share when you tap the url. Dolphin is a miles better browser, is faster, has flash, a full selection of add-ons including adblock (root not required) and Lastpass. Chrome just feels unfinished and neglected without add-ons

Love Dophin but the new update is the worst...I've been on an older version but unfortunately it doesn't run very well on my tablet so confined to using it on my phone. Absolutely refuse to use the new version for a number of reasons.

I still find Firefox too CPU intensive and it hits battery harder. Chrome is okay. I haven't found a mobile browser I'm 100% happy with yet but the old Dolphin gets close.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chrome on my gs3 was ok, flies on my Find 7, seems to be developed eith higher tier phones in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

ED E wrote: »
    Chrome on my gs3 was ok, flies on my Find 7, seems to be developed eith higher tier phones in mind.

Finding Opera very good lately.

Advertisement