Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build problem: PSU wont align with screw holes

Options
  • 11-07-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

I've got an Antec One case, and a Corsair CX600M.

Assuming I've got everything the right way around (fan facing up, power connection out the back) , none of the PSU screw holes are aligning with the case holes.

I don't really want to RMA it to HWV unless I really have to.
    It's wedged pretty tight, can't move it at all unless I apply a fair bit of pressure. Any chance I'd get away with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

:o

Lol. I'm an idiot. The PSU mount is at the bottom of the case, and if I point the fan downward all four holes match perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

aw bless! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

lol we got a building virgin here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

It should fit both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Three valuable lessons learned from my first build:
    1. Don't start when you're tired, and don't keep going trying to get it finished when you can't work out what's wrong.

2. Don't pay any attention to generic build advice on sites, such as "always have the PSU fan facing up"

3. Most importantly, don't post on Boards about it until you've stepped away from the problem for 5 minutes
    (ironically, the couple of minutes I took out to post cleared my head enough that I instantly saw the problem)

• Advertisement
Advertisement