Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gaming desktop - €1500 to blow

Options
  • 11-07-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy my first real gaming PC and I am excited to say that I will attempt to build it myself, with some help of my good friends if required. My budget lies around 1500 euros, including a new screen. No other peripherals are needed.

As I am quite new to hardware of desktops/cooling and everything that comes with it, I would appreciate any help I can get. The site I will be using for making the order is hardwareversand.de.

1. What is your budget? Around 1500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming and some media editing (photoshop, ableton, FL studio, Vegas)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No, this will be my first desktop.

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes, one with 144hz.

5a. If yes, what size do you need. No bigger than 24"

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes, very much so.

8. How can you pay? Any way required

9. When are you purchasing? 1-2months

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I will not need any help building it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 IV1916

My first attempt beneath:

ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 DirectCU II OC, GeForce GTX 770, 2GB GDDR5 €269
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance Low Profile blau PC3-14900U CL9-10-9-27 €75
    Intel Core i5-4690K Box, LGA1150 €205
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 250GB SATA 6Gb/s €110
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO, Sockel 1150, ATX €163
    Corsair CS Series Modular CS750M 750W ATX 2.3 €76
    Samsung SH-224DB schwarz €13
    FRACTAL DESIGN Define R4 Black Pearl €87

Total: €1000.11

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Mostly good choices. You don't need that motherboard or PSU, unless you're planning on a second card (and even then that motherboard is overkill really)

A 500W PSU will be tonnes for a single GPU, 650 if you're planning on a second.

As for the motherboard, just get whatever one is cheap. The Z97-A comes with pretty much all the features of the higher-end boards, minus some stuff for power delivery which shouldn't affect anything a huge amount, and the aesthetic. Personally though I'm sick of all the black and red, and I rally like the lower-end boards' looks.

Oh, and with that CPU, you'll want a decent cooler too. You can get a Hyper 212 Evo if you're on a budget, but personally I'd be inclined to go with an AIO (all-in-one) watercooling unit. Fractal Design have a fantastic looking series called Kelvin that's due out shortly, alternatively there's NZXT's Kracken line. Corsair of course have their Hydro series, though you tend to pay a little more for those, and to be honest their fans aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭iMrApex

RAM - Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) HyperX Beast DDR3 2400MHz DIMM CL11:
    HDD - Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 64MB 7200RPM
    SSD - Samsung 120GB 840 EVO Series SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive
    PSU - Corsair 750W CX Builder Series 80PLUS Bronze PSU
    Case - Corsair Carbide Series 300R Gaming Case
    CPU - Intel Core i5-4690K
    Motherboard - Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER S1150
    GPU - XFX AMD Radeon R9 290 980MHz

I can't post the links. I built it on Dabs without realising what you said. I assume it will be cheaper and you could also add on something such as a Corsair H80i and NH-D14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

iMrApex wrote: »
    RAM - Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) HyperX Beast DDR3 2400MHz DIMM CL11:
    HDD - Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 64MB 7200RPM
    SSD - Samsung 120GB 840 EVO Series SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive
    PSU - Corsair 750W CX Builder Series 80PLUS Bronze PSU
    Case - Corsair Carbide Series 300R Gaming Case
    CPU - Intel Core i5-4690K
    Motherboard - Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER S1150
    GPU - XFX AMD Radeon R9 290 980MHz

I can't post the links. I built it on Dabs without realising what you said. I assume it will be cheaper and you could also add on something such as a Corsair H80i and NH-D14

Don't get the xfx.

And noctua over the corsair.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 IV1916

Has any one used mindfactory.de for ordering parts?

• Advertisement
Advertisement