Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

programming two fobs into 10/70

Options
  • 11-07-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Having a bit of bother adding a 2nd fob to panel first one went in no problem tried to add the other one and panel found it and tried to assign it to user two but wouldn't let me I'd it something about user two duress??
    Panel set up to new standards do I have to turn duress function off go order to have a 2nd user on panel?
    Panel state normal No tampers or open zones Any idea's??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

milmann wrote: »
    Having a bit of bother adding a 2nd fob to panel first one went in no problem tried to add the other one and panel found it and tried to assign it to user two but wouldn't let me I'd it something about user two duress??
    Panel set up to new standards do I have to turn duress function off go order to have a 2nd user on panel?
    Panel state normal No tampers or open zones Any idea's??

You need to set up a code for user two, then ID the fob to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 milmann

altor wrote: »
    You need to set up a code for user two, then ID the fob to the system.

Was trying to add user two code system msg. User two error duress??

Was trying to add user two code system msg. User two error duress??

That would be because the code your adding has a 9 at the end. This is a duress code. Change this digit and it will work. Remember no 0 in the code too.

That would be because the code your adding has a 9 at the end. This is a duress code. Change this digit and it will work. Remember no 0 in the code too.

Fair play I was thinking along the lines of maybe the system auto assigned user two with the user one code plus 1 for duress

Fair play I was thinking along the lines of maybe the system auto assigned user two with the user one code plus 1 for duress

No probs, any other problems let us know.

• Advertisement

No probs, any other problems let us know.

Will do might have a go at the dtv tomorrow Eve thanks again

Will do might have a go at the dtv tomorrow Eve thanks again

That's no problem, you have either text if using Vodafone or Eircom. If using UPC you can set up voice. Just remember that as well as programming the text for zones, set up the zone audio too.

That's no problem, you have either text if using Vodafone or Eircom. If using UPC you can set up voice. Just remember that as well as programming the text for zones, set up the zone audio too.

Well altor got the 2nd fob on thanks for the dig out on that got bother with the dtv line in on a+b and back out on c+d one flash of status led every couple sec programmed in the numbers and set audio up made test .and it failed is there a chance my phone like is not set up for SMS can I check it out by pinging a number?

Well altor got the 2nd fob on thanks for the dig out on that got bother with the dtv line in on a+b and back out on c+d one flash of status led every couple sec programmed in the numbers and set audio up made test .and it failed is there a chance my phone like is not set up for SMS can I check it out by pinging a number?

You have the main line in A/B then the line out back to the same point on C/D?
    If so can you make a call on your land line?

You have the main line in A/B then the line out back to the same point on C/D?
    If so can you make a call on your land line?

Yea cable coming from old Bakelite j box was running past panel with bit of slack on it so pulled a loop into panel cut blue and blue white and in to a+b back out to master socket on c+d into l1 and l2 after setting it up and getting the fail msg made sure the line was active by placing a call on the handset it went out no problem even tried to set up voice and same craic only this time got msg no dial tone have b band coming in with vodafone am I right in thinking there is a filter built into the dtv if so shouldn't be an interference issue

• Advertisement

Yea cable coming from old Bakelite j box was running past panel with bit of slack on it so pulled a loop into panel cut blue and blue white and in to a+b back out to master socket on c+d into l1 and l2 after setting it up and getting the fail msg made sure the line was active by placing a call on the handset it went out no problem even tried to set up voice and same craic only this time got msg no dial tone have b band coming in with vodafone am I right in thinking there is a filter built into the dtv if so shouldn't be an interference issue

There is no filter on the older DTV, the new one does. You will need one fitted. Is the alarm out of engineer mode showing a line fault?

There is no filter on the older DTV, the new one does. You will need one fitted. Is the alarm out of engineer mode showing a line fault?

Yea I backed the whole way out of engineer and got line fault it's a new dtv may actually check the version code and make sure it wasn't sitting on the shelf for yonks before being sold might just connect in the incoming line and not run it back out to see if it let's the dtv dial out if I default the dtv will I have to reprogram the SMS server number or is that part of the base program

Yea I backed the whole way out of engineer and got line fault it's a new dtv may actually check the version code and make sure it wasn't sitting on the shelf for yonks before being sold might just connect in the incoming line and not run it back out to see if it let's the dtv dial out if I default the dtv will I have to reprogram the SMS server number or is that part of the base program

Disconnected the the line from the C/D and see if you can dial out on your land line. The server number for texts is pre-programmed so defaulting the dialer will not delete these numbers.

Disconnected the the line from the C/D and see if you can dial out on your land line. The server number for texts is pre-programmed so defaulting the dialer will not delete these numbers.

Grand I'll give it a go tomorrow and see what's what are you thinking there might be another socket somewhere in the house.even if there was no other phone connected would it still block the card from dialing out the panel in my mother house and it's been built since the 50s or 60s so if all comes to all I might pull in a new cable from the j box at the apex and bring it directly into the card

Grand I'll give it a go tomorrow and see what's what are you thinking there might be another socket somewhere in the house.even if there was no other phone connected would it still block the card from dialing out the panel in my mother house and it's been built since the 50s or 60s so if all comes to all I might pull in a new cable from the j box at the apex and bring it directly into the card

If you have a meter you could check the voltage at the DTV in the panel. Since its showing a line fault I would suspect it's not got a line to dial out. The version of panel would not matter with the DTV as it works either way. I would make sure it's the main line your coming off into the control panel the back out to this point. A filter will filter the line if broadband is active on it. What type socket are you coming off, a picture would help too.

If you have a meter you could check the voltage at the DTV in the panel. Since its showing a line fault I would suspect it's not got a line to dial out. The version of panel would not matter with the DTV as it works either way. I would make sure it's the main line your coming off into the control panel the back out to this point. A filter will filter the line if broadband is active on it. What type socket are you coming off, a picture would help too.

Coming off eircom master socket b band port on left and phone port on right as you look at it
    It's fifty volts for active line on ab and should drop down to ten Ish for line seizure on cd terms is that right??
    Also is there any info on status led flash patterns on card?

Coming off eircom master socket b band port on left and phone port on right as you look at it
    It's fifty volts for active line on ab and should drop down to ten Ish for line seizure on cd terms is that right??
    Also is there any info on status led flash patterns on card?

I take it you have the Eircom type filter.

Main line on master socket should go into the L1 L2 on the back of the main socket on the wall. Line to and from digi is punched into the in/out for alarm on back of broadband filter as pictured below. The two resistors on the back of the filter need to be broke too. You don't need an extra filter using this type filter.
    If you have any other phones on the line they get connected to the L1 L2 on the filter.
    I have attached the LED flash patterns also.

Got it sorted the altor found another socket in the attic over the kitchen cable ran to that then back to hall so took that out ran new cable from j box over front door to the card then on from card to the newer socket and it all came together thanks for the help again
    Can I programme the fob to activate the bells when she is presses the duress button at the moment it is going out on text as duress only no bells or strobe

Got it sorted the altor found another socket in the attic over the kitchen cable ran to that then back to hall so took that out ran new cable from j box over front door to the card then on from card to the newer socket and it all came together thanks for the help again
    Can I programme the fob to activate the bells when she is presses the duress button at the moment it is going out on text as duress only no bells or strobe

Glad you got it sorted.
    If you go into devices menu, RF devices, RF device options the set bells to yes.

Any problems let us know.

Advertisement