Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots- price on display not the same as the price at the checkout...

Options
  • 11-07-2014 7:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

I'm a fan of Boots and I spend many a penny in there but I have to say, the price display information and linking to the tills is absolutely all over the shop at the moment.

Over the last few months, I have been overcharged on various non-prescription items in various Boots stores (typically Jervis and Dundrum where I visit most)- cosmetics. haircare etc. These items clearly have one price on the shelf and one more (higher) price once you get to the till. I never ever used to check my receipts apart from making sure all my Advantage card points are totted up but I check them all the time now and I am appalled at all the mistakes. The cosmetics aisles often have the prices in front of the items on the displays (so not the little white shelf edge labels) and at least half a dozen times in last three months have I had to stop the person at the till and tell them there was a different price displayed on the shelf- then they go off to check leaving a queue of people a mile long behind and calling the manager once they have satisfied themselves that you are right takes another 5-10 minutes. It's getting incredibly frustrating now for such a large chain (and large stores at that) to not be able to keep a handle on their pricing.

Items that I have come across in last few months include Models Own nail polishes, L'Oreal products, skincare items etc.

If you shop in Boots, keep an eye on the prices and make sure you are being charged the right amount at the tills. I still love shopping and browsing around Boots but wish I didn't have to watch everything being scanned at the checkouts...

Comments

Advertisement