Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Les Gets for European MTB holiday?

Options
  • 11-07-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Where else in Europe would offer ski-lift uplifts and a variety of levels of trail from blue to black both DH and XC with the possibility of interesting off-piste routes, that would have similar variety to the Les Gets/Morzine area?

I'm planning a trip to somewhere in Europe at the start of the summer next year, and I've been to Les Gets a few times and loved it, and I'm just looking for somewhere different with similar biking characteristics..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭changepartners

Les Deux Alpe, waay better than Les Gets and no ridiculous queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Les Deux Alpe, waay better than Les Gets and no ridiculous queues.
    This... Starting to do a lot more uplift stuff around Lake Garda if your bent on going somewhere exotic and sunny. If ya haven't been, Scotland is amazing and likewise are the 7 Stanes (have done Glentress, Inerleithen and Dalbeatie).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Mt Verbier? I haven't been but it looks good. I've just moved full time to switzerland but too much on family-wise yet to explore any options here.

www.mtverbier.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Thanks for the feedback!

I've done a little more research myself and I've found a lovely little website that has lots of useful information and it's all collated nicely.
    Surprisingly enough, it's called http://www.worldbikeparks.com/locator

Looks as though Les Deux Alpes and Alpes d'Huez are the areas with the most variety closest together after the Les Gets / Morzine / Chatel region. I have to find out if the lift passes for Les Deux Alpes are valid in Alpes d'Huez given their proximity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JamieHarris

Switzerland has them (i've had the pleasure of going on them) and the view is just beautiful !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Roguee

What about Winterberg in Germany? looks good thinking of heading there next summer.

Advertisement