Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

springboard confusion

Options
  • 11-07-2014 12:09pm

22 year old student, graduated in 2013 with honours degree. have been unemployed since january. I have applied for 2 courses via springboard, they are:
    Higher Diploma in Science in Computing [ICT CONVERSION] [BN509ICT]
    Certificate in Software and Cloud Technologies [BCE08SCT](i do not want to do this course but will if it is my only study option)

is the bn509 postgraduate? if so then i do not think that i can get btea to do this course even though i have been accepted onto the programme because applicants need to be 24 to apply for postgrad study (i think).

the other option for money is to send a part time education option form to the dsp, the course is only three days a week, but on springboard.ie is listed as full time. I have noticed a few discrepancies between springboard and the college websites so I dont know whether the course is part time or not.

when the bn509 starts i will have 255 days unemployment( have subtracted the days that dont count towards unemployment)

can anyone clarify my options or give advice?

Advertisement