Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderflower for culinary usage

Options
  • 10-07-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I might find some wild Elderflower in south Dublin or north Wicklow? Hoping they are still in bloom.

I would like to try this Gooseberry streusel cake with elderflower syrup recipe with Gooseberries from my garden which I have rather a lot of at the moment.
    As they are quite invasive I hope people wont mind me taking some of the flowers for cooking?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I'd say it's a long shot for elderflowers in july tbh.

I harvested all mine in may. Might have better luck finding someone with elderflower syrup. I'd give you some of mine, but i'm in cork.

Im out in D15, Supercell and there is a few bits of it still growing around here.

Advertisement