Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on sex toy business, especially for men

Options
  • 10-07-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm doing some research on the sex toy industry and am looking for some insights on some topics:
    - Sex toys for men - already exist but not widespread, especially with straight men
    - Organic sex products: lubricants, creams, etc.
    - Carbon neutral condoms
    - Personalised sex toys, images, names, colours

Does any of the above spark a reaction, curiosity, an impulse to buy or to know more? Any other thoughts on the sex toy industry, or the availability and accessibility of products?

I am researching all of this from a marketing perspective, ultimately to start my own business. Thanks to all for your feedback!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

urbireland wrote: »
    I'm doing some research on the sex toy industry and am looking for some insights on some topics:
    - Sex toys for men - already exist but not widespread, especially with straight men
    - Carbon neutral condoms

Does any of the above spark a reaction, curiosity, an impulse to buy or to know more? Any other thoughts on the sex toy industry, or the availability and accessibility of products?

I am researching all of this from a marketing perspective, ultimately to start my own business. Thanks to all for your feedback!

Men dont really think about stuff like carbon neutral condoms in my opinion.

Men come with the only sex aid they need attached at the wrist tbf

there is a reason why the market is small for straight men

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

Not sure you'll get far with this, niche area for men and even for gay men.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dara1234

probably wouldn't buy cause i would always be thinking about what people would say if the found it. Imagine someone finding you fleshlight, the jokes would be endless.
    marketing side: im sure smaller products could work better or ones that can be used by both people/on each other

marketing side: small market, possible only people who are allergic to a chemical and need to know what is in each product.
    this may again apply to women buying it for their man

- Carbon neutral condoms

dont really care that much and i would never move away from the big brand

not sure what this is could you explain/example

if you have more specific questions i could go into a large marketing detail. i personal would see these products as an add on to a shop or an online business.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dara1234

just noticed this bit.

sex toys are sort of seen as a woman's thing and the would affect the male buyer the most. the market is likely to grow in the future but as a pointed out above possible will grow or start from a relationship and then men may buy themselves.
    it is an interesting business idea and i think it could work wit the proper marketing strategy and target audience.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement