Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded processor not working(Need help as soon as possible)

Options
  • 10-07-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So today I received my I7 3770k and when I tried to install it into my computer the computer just wont work! All the fans and stuff come on but then it just turns off So I put my old CPU(i5 2500k) in and that's starting up perfectly fine. I was just wondering if anyone would know why this is happening?

My mobo is: gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

You may need to flash the bios to a more recent version for it to be supported.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tunapotato

How do I flash the bios? I've got absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Tunapotato wrote: »
    How do I flash the bios? I've got absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to that.

Just google "how to flash your bios" ...many tutorials and YouTube videos available ....

I'm just having a hard time finding my mobo's bios! I've found the tutorials though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

try clearing cmos before trying to start with your i7

page 25 of manual

You may clear the CMOS values by removing the battery:
    1. Turn off your computer and unplug the power cord.
    2. Gently remove the battery from the battery holder and wait for one
    minute. (Or use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the positive
    and negative terminals of the battery holder, making them short for 5
    seconds.)
    3. Replace the battery.
    4. Plug in the power cord and restart your computer

Doing this is giving me a headache.. Every site I go to has a different way for me to update my BIOS! I should have just got some help to do this :P

Got it all sorted! THanks guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Tunapotato wrote: »
    Got it all sorted! THanks guys :D

Well done. :) Next time be careful, as your motherboard may well have not supported the chip at all!

Advertisement