Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 Screen Repair

Options
  • 10-07-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hey, I bought a Nexus 7 series 2 tablet last month on Amazon and I went to read something on it yesterday and noticed that the screen was cracked, not sure how it happened but it must have hit something. I've been looking online for a new screen I'm not very savvy when it comes to screen replacements so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a 1st gen Nexus screen (which appear to be slightly cheaper on amazon) will work on a 2nd Gen nexus? If not, could somebody link me a reasonably priced screen?

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Completely different screens I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

What I posted last week for a similar question in another thread:
    Dudda wrote: »
    Mine broke about two weeks ago. It's fairly easy to replace. I just followed the ifixit youtube video. The hardest part is removing the existing cracked screen from the frame as it's glued to you need a heat gun or a hairdryer which is what I used. The LCD screen and the digitizer part are fused together so you have to replace both. They aren't cheaper either. I spent 80 euro on this http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HAHMMPM/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_dp_1 and another few euro on parcel motel to get it delivered. You'll probably find one for a few euro cheaper on ebay that ships direct.

Check if they ship the tools or if the double sided adhesive is already attached otherwise order them too. The tools come with the one I got but the double sided tape doesn't so you'll need to order that. The 2012 screen isn't as good or as high a resolution so it's a lot cheaper so be careful and make sure you order the 2013 version and that it's not just the screen. You need the screen and the digitizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Thanks guys, much appreciated. A bit pissed off with myself that it's another 80e on top of the 250e I paid last month but I'll keep an eye out for a reasonably priced replacement 2ng gen model screen.

Advertisement